The "Historical" series are hard plastic (Styrene) bodied dolls, dressed in costumes representative of certain individuals or eras. The majority of the dolls all have the same face, (referred to by some Nisbet collectors as the “Dolly” face), but by skilful painting, and the use of different coloured wigs, they all assume an individual identity. The majority have the typical upright, straight legged pose, with movable arms held in place with an elastic band.
"Tower Walk" dolls (see separate page) were also from the Historical" range
The listings below are in series number order - not all dolls in the series may be represented, but any gaps will be filled when we can find a decent photograph! If you can help fill the gaps, please email us!
Please Note :
Some doll numbers appear more than once in these listings - This is because there are costume variations we wanted to show
For technical reasons, we have had to split the nearly 250 images of Historical Costume dolls into two galleries, to ensure that their names will appear at the bottom of the frame.
Historical Dolls - Gallery 1 - H.200 to H.249
Historical Dolls - Gallery 2 - H.250 to H.810
The doll pictures will auto run as a slide show in the windows above.
Press F5 (function key 5 on your keyboard), to re-start the slide shows.
Alternatively, you may control each slideshow manually – follow the steps below :
- Place the cursor at the bottom of the window to access thumbnail and navigation control bar
- Click on the “?” (question mark) symbol (bottom left hand side of the control bar) for a detailed explanation of the controls
- See a full screen slideshow by clicking on the “Square with Arrow” symbol (2nd from right on the control bar)
- Use the keyboard arrow keys to move forward and back through the slideshow, as desired
- Use the “ESC” key to leave full screen mode