Peggy Nisbet's Portrait dolls were modelled with faces intended to represent the historical character they were meant to portray. The costumes they wear are also based on those seen in well-known portraits of the individuals. Peggy often visited the National Portrait Gallery, in London, (and other galleries, too), when researching new dolls for this series of dolls.
Like the "Historical" series, they are hard plastic (Styrene) bodied dolls, dressed in costumes representative of certain individuals. The majority have the typical upright pose, with movable arms held in place with an elastic band.
The listing below is in series number order - not all dolls in the series may be represented, but any gaps will be filled when we can find a decent photograph! If you can help fill the gaps, please email us!
Please Note :
Some doll numbers appear more than once in this listing - This is because there are costume variations we wanted to show
For technical reasons, we have had to split the nearly 350 images of Portrait dolls into two galleries, to ensure that their names will appear at the bottom of the frame.
Portrait Dolls - Gallery 1
P/400 - Queen Elizabeth II to P/655 - Lady Elizabeth Drake
Portrait Dolls - Gallery 2
P/660 - Lady Jane Grey to P/1953 - Replica Edition of the First Nisbet Doll
(also includes some Portrait Series dolls that were never given a model number)
The doll pictures will auto run as a slide show in the window(s) above.
Press F5 (function key 5 on your keyboard), to re-start the slide show.
Alternatively, you may control the slideshow manually – follow the steps below :
- Place the cursor at the bottom of the window to access thumbnail and navigation control bar
- Click on the “?” (question mark) symbol (bottom left hand side of the control bar) for a detailed explanation of the controls
- See a full screen slideshow by clicking on the “Square with Arrow” symbol (2nd from right on the control bar)
- Use the keyboard arrow keys to move forward and back through the slideshow, as desired
- Use the “ESC” key to leave full screen mode