Doulton Nisbet Dolls
Edwardian Social Scene
This range of dolls was issued to provide the House of Nisbet with an opportunity to showcase a range of elegant Edwardian costumes, all linked to various events in the social calendar of the day - Racing at Ascot, and the Henley Regatta, (although this doll was originally named "Cowes Regatta"). Other events included "Lords Cricket Ground", (where the annual cricket matches between Harrow and Eton, and Oxford and Cambridge, both held in July), and "Presentation at Court", (when the young Debutante was presented (introduced) to the Monarch), were also prominent features of the Social Calendar.
Various activities were also proposed (as prototypes), but never appeared as production models - These include "Boating", and "Lady Motorist".
The doll pictures will auto run as a slide show in the window above.
Press F5 (function key 5 on your keyboard), to re-start the slide show.
Alternatively, you may control the slideshow manually – follow the steps below :
- Place the cursor at the bottom of the window to access thumbnail and navigation control bar
- Click on the “?” (question mark) symbol (bottom left hand side of the control bar) for a detailed explanation of the controls
- See a full screen slideshow by clicking on the “Square with Arrow” symbol (2nd from right on the control bar)
- Use the keyboard arrow keys to move forward and back through the slideshow, as desired
- Use the “ESC” key to leave full screen mode