Limited Signature Edition 20
Royal Victorian Christening
Limited to 500 Sets - Issued in 1982
This doll shows Queen Victoria in a lavender day dress, as she might have appeared in 1841, soon after the birth of the future King of England, (Edward VII)
Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, the proud father, is seen here in military uniform - Peggy Nisbet excelled in producing wonderful "Men in Uniform" - It is fascinating to see how by clever design, and selection of the appropriate ribbons, braid, and accessories, the effect of a splendid uniform has been achieved.
The Victorian Nanny, a privileged member of the Royal Household Staff, was allowed to wear a black brocade cape (as seen here), when out with the Royal Baby, and on formal occasions
The complete set consisted of the following four dolls :
- LE/98 - Queen Victoria
- LE/99 - Prince Albert
- LE/100 - Royal Nanny, holding the infant Prince Edward
The slideshow below displays the entire "Victorian Christening" doll collection
The doll pictures will auto run as a slide show in the window above.
Press F5 (function key 5 on your keyboard), to re-start the slide show.
Alternatively, you may control the slideshow manually – follow the steps below :
- Place the cursor at the bottom of the window to access thumbnail and navigation control bar
- Click on the “?” (question mark) symbol (bottom left hand side of the control bar) for a detailed explanation of the controls
- See a full screen slideshow by clicking on the “Square with Arrow” symbol (2nd from right on the control bar)
- Use the keyboard arrow keys to move forward and back through the slideshow, as desired
- Use the “ESC” key to leave full screen mode