Limited Edition Set
King Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn
Limited to 1000 sets - Date of Issue esimated as mid 1970s
Dolls in this set were not given model numbers, and were made on "Portrait" series doll bodies
Although broadly similar to many other Nisbet versions of King Henry VIII, (and there are several!), this doll is set apart by the gold and brown theme of his costume, and also by the fact that in this Limited Edition series, he is accompanied by only one of his six wives.
Anne might appear to be dressed in typical style, but the colour of her gown sets her apart from the rest. “Historical” models had a different “dolly” face, and usually wore a blue dress with a red panel. “Portrait” dolls have the same face as this doll, but are usually found in a blue or green dress, with a matching panel. Her red dress sets her apart from all other Nisbet Boleyn dolls
The complete set consisted of just two dolls :
- King Henry VIII
- Anne Boleyn
Each doll was supplied with a certificate of authenticity
The doll pictures will auto run as a slide show in the window above.
Press F5 (function key 5 on your keyboard), to re-start the slide show.
Alternatively, you may control the slideshow manually – follow the steps below :
- Place the cursor at the bottom of the window to access thumbnail and navigation control bar
- Click on the “?” (question mark) symbol (bottom left hand side of the control bar) for a detailed explanation of the controls
- See a full screen slideshow by clicking on the “Square with Arrow” symbol (2nd from right on the control bar)
- Use the keyboard arrow keys to move forward and back through the slideshow, as desired
- Use the “ESC” key to leave full screen mode