Limited Signature Edition
Limited to 1000 Dolls - Issued in 1980
The Signature Edition of King Tutankhamun had a tag printed and shaped like the king’s famous gold and lapis lazuli death mask. Some later standard issue models, (which shared the same P/1002 model number), had the usual black and white “book” tag.
In common with Nefertiti, this doll was made with a cast metal head, which allowed very fine detail to be captured. The casting was then plated, and finely painted. This allowed the gold effect to be portrayed with much more realism than if the heads had been moulded in plastic, then painted with metallic paints
Queen Nefertiti was never issued as a “Limited Signature Edition”, but was intended as a companion doll to Tutankhamun.
Nefertiti, (her name means “The Beautiful Woman Has Come), was one of the wives of Akhenaten, who was believed to be the father of Tutankhamun
This Limited Signature Edition comprised one doll :
- P/1002 - Tutankhamun - Pharaoh of Egypt
Companion Doll :
- P/1003 - Queen Nefertiti
Nefertiti, although similarly constructed, with a cast, plated and painted head, was never issued as a "limited" doll, but was intended as a companion for Tutankhamun
The doll pictures will auto run as a slide show in the window above.
Press F5 (function key 5 on your keyboard), to re-start the slide show.
Alternatively, you may control the slideshow manually – follow the steps below :
- Place the cursor at the bottom of the window to access thumbnail and navigation control bar
- Click on the “?” (question mark) symbol (bottom left hand side of the control bar) for a detailed explanation of the controls
- See a full screen slideshow by clicking on the “Square with Arrow” symbol (2nd from right on the control bar)
- Use the keyboard arrow keys to move forward and back through the slideshow, as desired
- Use the “ESC” key to leave full screen mode