P.1006 - Princess Diana
English Summer Fashion Doll
A Limited Edition of 250 Dolls, issued in 1989
for Walt Disney World
Many UK collectors can be forgiven for for being unaware of this lovely doll, because she was made in a limited edition of only 250 dolls, for Walt Disney World, in 1989.
We were first alerted to the existence of this doll by collector Valerie B, (who has supplied the main picture above, and two more which are included in the slideshow below).
Our friend Alice J, (who we contacted because she has a fantastic collection, and an encyclopaedic knowledge of Nisbet dolls), was able to tell us that this doll was originally on sale from a shop on Main Street in Disney World, Florida, and that although it was a Limited Edition, it was not supplied with a certificate. Alice also sent three pictures of her doll, (also in the slideshow below).
Thanks to Valerie and Alice, we have been able to bring the existence of this lovely doll to a wider audience - are you fortunate enough to have her in your collection?
Look at the bottom of the page, (beneath the slideshow window), to see the only mention of this doll we have found so far in the Nisbet literature
The doll pictures will auto run as a slide show in the window above.
Press F5 (function key 5 on your keyboard), to re-start the slide show.
Alternatively, you may control the slideshow manually – follow the steps below :
- Place the cursor at the bottom of the window to access thumbnail and navigation control bar
- Click on the “?” (question mark) symbol (bottom left hand side of the control bar) for a detailed explanation of the controls
- See a full screen slideshow by clicking on the “Square with Arrow” symbol (2nd from right on the control bar)
- Use the keyboard arrow keys to move forward and back through the slideshow, as desired
- Use the “ESC” key to leave full screen mode
Shown above is the only "official" reference to the Princess Diana Summer Fashion Doll that we have been able to track down