Limited Signature Edition (not numbered)
Marking the Death
of the Prime Minister of India
Limited to 1000 sets - Issued in 1985
P/849 Mrs Indira Ghandi
Mrs Ghandi was Prime Minister of India, and this doll was issued to mark her untimely death – She was the victim of an assassin’s bullet, whilst walking from her house to her office in New Delhi, India’s Capital City. She died on 31st October 1984.
(She was not related to Mahatma Ghandi)
There are a number of variations of this doll available - the catalogue picture of this doll has her dressed in the yellow Sari version. Our collection includes the two colour variations seen above
Each doll came with a numbered certificate
The doll pictures will auto run as a slide show in the window above.
Press F5 (function key 5 on your keyboard), to re-start the slide show.
Alternatively, you may control the slideshow manually – follow the steps below :
- Place the cursor at the bottom of the window to access thumbnail and navigation control bar
- Click on the “?” (question mark) symbol (bottom left hand side of the control bar) for a detailed explanation of the controls
- See a full screen slideshow by clicking on the “Square with Arrow” symbol (2nd from right on the control bar)
- Use the keyboard arrow keys to move forward and back through the slideshow, as desired
- Use the “ESC” key to leave full screen mode